11 March 2007

medical house calls

After being sick for four days, I woke up this morning feeling terrible. I had all the symptoms of sinusitis, which I get slightly more than once a year (on average). I didn't know what to do - Sunday, don't have a doctor, rapid care walk-ins would be a madhouse.



So I called Sickday, which is a medical house call service in Manhattan. It was a flat fee of $250 (not sure yet whether my insurance will reimburse any of it). Stacy (PA) was at my door in 45 minutes, and she pulled out all her doctor tools (I have a slight fever too, great), diagnosed me, wrote me a prescription and gave me advice on over-the-counter things to take in addition to my antibiotic. She also is going to call me tomorrow to see how I'm doing.

I'm really impressed. I didn't even have to leave my house and I got wonderful care. I also have Thrillist to thank, since they alerted me to Sickday a week or two ago. Call these guys if you're ever sick and hate the thought of waiting for hours to see your doctor. Oh, and they will go to your office too (perfect).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...